01 - 15 Oct 2020
IMPORTANT UPDATE FOR THE
JESUS SURF SERIES ONLINE CHALLENGE
HOLDING PERIOD EXTENDED TO 15 / 10 / 20
Over the last week or so we have been talking to numerous surfers and new sponsors of this event, along with the judging panel, and we have decided as momentum is now growing, and to profile some of the surfers, sponsors and volunteers, we are going to extend the waiting period for all categories to 11pm Thursday 15 October. All the results will be announced and presentations made on Saturday 17 October at 7pm live on Zoom (More details released nearer the time.) We have some great prizes to give away and a couple of amazing handcrafted wooden trophies, hand by Martin Edwards, which will be awarded to one shortboard and one longboard category in a draw.
We have some great support from sponsors for the shortboard categories including 2 tickets to the ‘The Wave’ for the Men’s and Women’s shortboard categories. A custom-made hand plane from Daily Bread Surfboards for the shortboard Over 35’s, with surf apparel vouchers in the remaining categories.
In the longboard categories we have Finisterre vouchers for the Men’s and Women’s Open categories. Old Guys Rule are sponsoring the Over 35’s and Over 50’s and there is a Tubestation gift bag including 1kg of Tube Time beans, 1 bamboo fibre coffee cup, 3 bee bumps wax for the U18’s Longboard category.
We are really excited about the entries uploaded already, but there is plenty of time to add some more.
NOTE: Don’t forget TWO waves count, so make sure you upload two, and if you get better waves later on, you can swop them out.
REMEMBER It’s free to enter – just follow the link and upload your waves to enter – https://www.clippero.com/jesussurfseries
The Jesus Surf Series September Challenge is a brand new surf contest that will take place online. The idea is to send in footage of your two best waves surfed in the UK during the month of September 2020, these will be judged and the winners announced during an online event in early October.
– Entrants must submit footage of two waves only.
– They must have have been surfed in the UK between 1 September 2020 and 15 October 2020.
– Title each ride with surfer’s name, location, and the date wave was surfed.
– You may swap out a wave for a new wave by deleting an entry to repopulate with a new entry prior to deadline.
– Entrants can only enter one category in shortboard and one category in longboard.
– Please do not enter any category if you are over the age stated on 01 January 2020, failure to comply will result in immediate disqualification.
– Categories are limited to 25 entries.
– The waves will be judged using the current judging criteria set by the ISA with the best two wave total being the winner.
– No waves filmed at ‘The Wave Bristol’ are to be entered.
– By entering you give Christian Surfers UK rights free use of video footage you submitted of your entry to be used at Christian Surfers UK’s discretion.
– No onboard go pro footage to be uploaded
– Deadline for entries is 11pm 15 October 2020
Mens Open / Womens Open / U18 Boys / U18 Girls / U14 Boys / U14 Girls / Masters 35+
Mens Open / Womens Open / U18 Open / Masters 35+ Open / Grandmasters 50+ Open
HOW TO ENTER
To enter the Christian Surfers UK Jesus Surf Series September Challenge go to www.clippero.com/JesusSurfSeries select the category you want to enter and upload your waves.
Don’t forget to include your name, location and date it was surfed
THE ONLINE RESULTS EVENT
The results will be announced on two separate online events hosted on Zoom, one for the shortboard categories and one for the longboard categories.
The shortboard results will be announced and prizes given out on 11 October and the longboard results will be announced and prizes given out on 18 October.
CHRISTIAN SURFERS UK SOCIAL
You’ll be able to keep an eye on the competition as footage gets submitted on the Jesus Surf Series Clippero page and the Jesus Surf Series CSUK facebook page
Stay safe, have fun